A collaborative, on-going community project led by local artists, planners, advocates, and daily transit users called Transit Talks kicked off earlier this summer.
Transit Talks is a creative project in which a team of Tucson artists is working with local organizations and individuals to promote community conversations about transit in the metro Tucson region. Through a series of interactive activities, the core organizers of Transit Talks are:
- designing short-term creative actions that relate to priority issues/needs;
- finding creative ways of bringing individuals with varied self interests into conversations about transit and its role in our community;
- engaging in problem-solving through highly imaginative and collaborative action; and
- collecting and synthesizing data and articulating it in ways that further community planning and action.
Visit their site and engage in many of the open conversations about how to make transit work better for Tucson, such as:
On My… revolves around a set of simple questions: When you are on your way somewhere, via bus, bike, or foot, what do you see, hear, feel, or love?
We want to hear from you.
Help us bring visibility to the “silent majority” of people using non-car modes of transportation to move through the city (and beyond). That’s right: we think there are more of us than meets the eye, and we want to be seen and heard!
It’s easy to participate. Here’s how:
- Take a photograph sharing what you SEE, HEAR, FEEL or LOVE about your bus ride, bike ride, or walk.
- Share your photo by:
- Posting to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, using #transittalks and either #onmybus, #onmybike, or #onmywalk, or by
- Uploading your photo using the online form .
- “On my bus, I SEE lots of teenagers with backpacks.” – Carina, 28 #transittalks #onmybus
- “On my bike, I HEAR the spinning of spokes like a road song.” – Harvey, 52 #transittalks #onmybike
- Make a statement sharing what you SEE, HEAR, FEEL or LOVE about your bus ride, bike ride, or walk.
- Share in one of three ways:
- Send via text message to 22333, starting with the code word: “TTalks4”
- Leave a voice mail at 520-261-9076
- Complete the online form
- “On my walk, I LOVE counting cactus blooms in front yards.” – Anna, 12 #transittalks #onmywalk
- “On my bus, I FEEL proud of my new job.” – Dmitri, 33 #transittalks #onmybus
Visit TransitTalks.zone/onmy/ to see your own and others’ responses.
Share this with others!