Living Streets Alliance (LSA) is seeking energetic and organized individuals interested in providing first-class service to become a part of our newly established, but already in-demand Bike Valet Parking team as Bike Valet Supervisors.
LSA’s Bike Valet Parking temporarily provides secure and easy bike parking for festivals, fairs, concerts, sporting events, neighborhood events, and more. Valet bicycle parking is a great way to green events by making it simple for festival goers to quickly, easily, and securely park their bikes and encourages alternative transportation at the same time. The service includes at least two on-duty valet attendants to park and monitor bikes during the event.
Candidates must have flexible schedule, with availability on days, nights and weekends. If you want to help further the mission of Living Streets Alliance by helping provide secure, safe, supervised bike parking to your fellow riders at events all over Tucson – we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply!
Hours: Hourly, seasonal, temporary work. Includes days, nights and weekends.
Reports to: Program Manager
- Bike Valet Supervisors oversee site-specific valet bike parking operations for events region-wide (Tucson metro area).
- Bike Valet Supervisors are responsible for representing Living Streets Alliance, as well as our mission and policies, to event organizers, volunteers, and the general public.
- Bike Valet Supervisors are also responsible for on-site volunteer training, care and management.
A Bike Valet Supervisor:
- Arranges drop-off/pick-up of supplies at event site
- Sets up and breaks down events
- Ensures appropriate location signage and banners are displayed, all parked bikes are tagged, the perimeter of the valet is secure, donation box is out and visible, outreach materials and signage is displayed on table in a neat and organized way.
- Troubleshoots issues and resolves problems facing the LSA Bike Valet Program and LSA volunteers
- Is sensitive to opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of LSA’s work
- Maintains an effective manner and demeanor and sets example for others
- Is a proactive problem solver dedicated to ensuring a high-quality experience for all
- Keeps track of the memberships kit, and membership forms and any donations and arranges their secure return to LSA offices
- Attends an LSA staff/volunteer training at least once per year and is effective in explaining current LSA policies, goals, objectives, programs and activities.
- Commitment to provide a top-quality Bike Valet Parking experience for all guests
- Ability to train and manage volunteers
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Ability to lift 25-35 pounds is required
- Ability to lift bikes and very gently park them along our racks
- Access to an open bed truck is preferred
- Access to a utility bicycle trailer and knowledge of how to connect one to your bike preferred
- Must have own bike and be comfortable biking in Tucson
Volunteer experience with LSA is a plus. Pay is $12/hour.
How to apply:
Write a compelling cover letter and resume and submit them using the form below. In your cover letter, be sure to mention where you saw the position advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. People of color, women and people who speak multiple languages are strongly encouraged to apply. LSA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.