The mission of Living Streets Alliance is advocate for a thriving Tucson by creating great streets for all of us.
We envision streets as living public spaces that connect people to places and to each other.
- We make the possible visible.
- We act with transparency and honesty among our staff, board, with our partners and community members.
- We are intentional and thoughtful in our actions and open to changing course if and when necessary.
- In being deliberate in our actions, we commit to investing in long-term outcomes, even when that strategic work is less recognizable in the short term.
- We cultivate an organizational culture that values a diversity of voices, communities, and partners.
- We practice inclusive processes that lead to the co-creation of ideas and shared decision-making.
- We believe that through practicing inclusivity in our everyday work, we are better able to lay the foundation for a new public decision making process that truly centers the needs of the community.
- We listen and value local knowledge of the community and honor the process of building authentic relationships in which we are accountable to communities and partners.
- We practice collaborative processes as part of our internal organization culture as well as with partners and community members. Collaboration is not simply a means to an end, but rather integral to a shared power structure that is required for challenging mainstream engagement and decision-making.
- We are mindful of strategic collaborations and partnerships to ensure that those relationships lead us in alignment with our mission, vision and values (and conversely, choose not to participate in collaborations that are not aligned with our values.)
- We commit to listen and to be accountable to our communities, being vigilant of the injustices that have long been systematized and institutionalized. We pledge to develop our work in a way that builds upon the movement towards racial, social, and economic justice.
- Transportation equity means trusting the stories people have to share about what it’s like for them to be in the street, and accepting that we cannot have Complete Streets until we have policies that support Complete Communities.
Living Streets Alliance is a 501(c)(3) public charity organization.
You can view our annual IRS filings below:
- (Note: Form 990-N was filed for 2011 and 2012)