- This event has passed.
Action 2020 Workshop
September 16, 2011 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Advocacy Advance – a partnership between the League of American Bicyclists and Alliance for Biking & Walking – is facilitating a one-day Action 2020 Workshop here in Tucson on Friday, September 16th. Action 2020 Workshops are designed to ensure advocates, agency staff, and elected officials have the knowledge, skills and resources to access untapped or under-utilized federal funding sources at the state, regional and local level to build bicycling and walking infrastructure and programs. Living Streets Alliance is honored to be hosting this inaugural workshop in partnership with Pima Association of Governments.
Action2020 Workshop attendees will:
– Understand the funding process and the important role of advocates, agency staff, and elected officials in securing this funding;
– Learn about under-utilized funding sources that exist for biking and walking projects and programs;
– Learn the key characteristics, requirements, and opportunities of those sources;
– Learn best practices from experts in the field; and
– Share knowledge and experiences in the local context
Workshop update!!! (9/6/2011) This workshop had a limited number of spaces available and they are completely full as of today. Thank you.