- This event has passed.
International Walk to School Day
October 5, 2011
Pack your lunch, grab a family member or a friend, and put on your walking shoes. Wednesday, October 5th is International Walk to School Day! Join hundreds of thousands of people around the world in walking to and from school for one day. Here in Tucson, many schools are doing coordinated “walking school buses” to help encourage their students to join in. You can find out what schools are participating, register your school, or get ideas about how to participate here.
Why walking to school is fun for kids!
– You get to look at cool stuff along the way
– You can hop, skip, jump, twirl, race, or play follow-the-leader
– You can pick flowers, gather leaves, or look for lizards
– You run into friends along the way
Why walking to school is fun for parents!
– You get exercise
– You get to spend extra time with your kids
– It reminds you of what it was like to walk to school when you were a kid